Alternative medicine are generally practices that lack biological plausibility and are untested or untestable. In a few cases they are proven ineffective.
While the aim is to achieve the healing effects of medicine, alternative therapies share in common that they reside outside medical science.
Common alternative medicine includes :
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Mind–body interventions or Mind–body medicine
- Naturopathy, naturopathic medicine or natural medicine
- Faith healing
Discussion[edit | edit source]
- Should Alternative medicine consider as a pseudoscience or pseudo-scientific medicine ?
- Should alternative medicine practice teach in university ?
- Should the government ban alternative medicine practice ?