Promoting Civilization progress through Internet
Internet offers the possibility of democratizing knowledge.As a scholar,I'm here to talk about my dream and the knowledge backgrounds of it.I'm not going to talk about more important thing than this secular dream.Becauce I believe we should abandon groundless worry and meaningless debate for the topic which transcend the secular universe.
1 According to Karl Popper, falsifiability is the dividing line between the statement system of empirical science and other statements systems, such as religious, artistic or philosophical.
1.1 Thus,there are two different types of human knowledge.
1.2 The first kind of human knowledge refers to falsifiable knowledge,such as empirical science, etc.
1.3 The second kind of human knowledge refers to irrefutable knowledge, such as religion, philosophy, art, etc.
1.4 For the first kind of human knowledge, we should try our best to remove the false and retain the true.
1.5 For the second kind of human knowledge, we should not only maintain a neutral attitude to appreciate them, but also prevent them from being misread and abused.
1.6 Human knowledge creates paradigms of the secular universe.
1.7 When human knowledge attempts to touch on topic transcend the secular universe, we should clearly recognize that they are trapped by secularity.
2 Civilization is the sum of progressive matters.
2.1 Thinking about the future of civilization will help us grasp the definition of civilization.
2.1 The concept of Kardashev scale has been discussed.
2.2 The concept of Technological singularity has been discussed.
2.3 The concept of Protolia was put forward by Kevin Kelly.
2.4 These concepts are all about the same theme, the process and goal of civilization progress.
2.5 The characteristic of civilization is that although it can solve many problems and provide many benefits, on the other hand, it can not solve all problems fundamentally.
2.6 Therefore, the process of civilization is a steady and dynamic process of progress.
3 Technology has self-driving force.
3.1 Technology intrinsically has the characteristics of a similar organism that cannot be simply equated with human products.
3.2 The self-driving force of technology jointly with human knowledge will lead to Protolia and Kevin Kelly calls it inevitable.
3.3 The progress of civilization has internal drive force, but it may encounter accidental destructions.
3.4 Accidental destructions could be a nuclear war or asteroid hit Earth, etc.
3.5 Whatever the cause,the road to Super-civilization is inevitable but not foolproof.
4 A wise man said "The Internet age is an era of correlation, in which we will change from an individual to a collective. In the age of the Internet, we have combined to make ourselves a new and stronger species".
4.1 Internet provides us with an powerful tool to protect progress of civilization from accidental destruction.
4.2 According to Lewis dartnell, Wiki project, such as Wikipedia, could be seen as a safe haven for restarting civilization.
4.3 Internet is not the unique refuge of civilization, universities and books are also, but the redundancy provided by the Internet for civilization is much higher.
4.4 I would like to provide a initiative that Sharing your knowledge through Internet sites，such as Wikiversity，which increase the robustness and redundancy of civilization and help to ensure the Progress of Civilization.
4.5 This paper itself is not only a part of initiative or theory, but also a part of my practice.
- Read Wikipedia:Internet.
- Read Wikidata:Internet.
- Read Wikipedia:Internet of things.
- Read Wikipedia:Falsifiability.
- Read Wikipedia:Civilization.
- Read Wikipedia:Safety.
- Read Wikipedia:Human development (humanity)
- Read Wikipedia:Kardashev scale.
- Read Wikipedia:Technological singularity.
- Read Wikipedia:Kevin Kelly (editor).
- Read Wikipedia:Michio Kaku.
- Read Wikipedia:Yuval Noah Harari.
- Read Wikipedia:Ian Morris (historian).
- Read Wikipedia:Peter Burke (historian).
- Read Wikipedia:Masayoshi Son.
- Read Wikipedia:Lewis Dartnell.
- Read Wikipedia:Future of Humanity Institute.
- Read Wikipedia:Internet Archive.
- Read Wikiversity:Complex Systems Digital Campus
- Read Wikiversity:Generalized safety
- Read [The Structure of Scientific Revolutions(book)]
- Read [Conjectures and Refutatuions(book)]
- Read [Interdisciplinary Research:Process and Theory(book)]
- Read [A Social History of Knowledge From Gutenberg to Diderot(book)]
- Read [A Social History of Knowledge Ⅱ From the Eneyelopédie to Wikipedia(book)]
- Read [Complexity:A Guided Tour(book)]
- Read [The Measure of Civilization(book)]
- Read [The Inevitable(book)]
- Read [The Nature of Technology: What It Is and How It Evolves(book)]
- Read [Life 3.0(book)]
- Read [Sapiens:A Brief History of Humankind(book)]
- Read [Homo Deus:A Brief History of Tomorrow(book)]
- Read [21 Lessons for the 21st Century(book)]
- Read [The Technological Singularity(book)]
- Read [The Knowledge: How to Rebuild Our World from Scratch(book)]
- Read [The Internet Age(book)]
- Read Wikipedia:Randy Pausch.
- Secular universe
- Human knowledge
- Kardashev scale
- Technological singularity
- Redundancy of Civilization
- Dr.Bin Yu's personal main page at Fudan development institute under Fudan University