Power Supply Testing/Tutorial on measuring the voltage with the multimeter
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1. Turn off the power supply.
- 2. With the wire strippers remove the insulation from two wires. (One of the wires must be the black wire because its voltage is 0).
- 3. Turn on the multimeter to 20 in the DC.
- 4. The black cable from the multimeter: place it near the black wire.
- 5. The red cable from the multimeter: place it near the other wire.
- 6. Tape them.
- 7. Turn on the power supply
- 8. Record your observation.
Measurements[edit | edit source]
- white and yellow wires: 12 volts
- blue wire: -12 volts
- red wires: 5 volts
- orange wires 3.3 volts
- black wires: 0 volts