Jump to navigation Jump to search
Part of the Arabic Department.
Purpose of the Arabic/Arabic stream[edit | edit source]
Major: If all units in this stream are completed, it will be the equivalent of a Major
Minor: If all units up to level X in this stream are completed, it will be the equivalent of a Minor
Units in the Arabic/Arabic stream[edit | edit source]
- Course code: Unit name
Participants[edit | edit source]
(moved from Wikibooks)
Interested students[edit | edit source]
- --Hellohello 10:01, 15 January 2006 (UTC) Interested in learning arabic. Know most of the alphabet but otherwise not much knowledge of the language.
- --<unknown> Ditto on the Arabic. I would LOVE to learn Arabic. Someone with knowlege, HELP US.
- --amthomas I studied French in public school (I'm Canadian), and am now learning Japanese. To round out my list of strange and disconnected languages, I'd love to learn some arabic. The script is beautiful, and the language (apparently) uses many gutteral sounds that other languages lack, giving it a very distinct feel. (again, so I'm told.) Would love to learn more about it through a structured course.
- --cestillo Hi,i need to learn arabic for work,i've got already a basic knowledge but i understand is better to get a course cause alone is too difficult,help us please.See you soon (i hope so)
- --BorgQueen 15:09, 3 March 2006 (UTC)
- --Junesun 13:46, 22 May 2006 (UTC) I know the alphabet but nothing more.
- --Who Ph.D I know arabic script and pronounciation, but little meaning. That's something that I would like to learn. 11 July 2006
- --lapo3399 02:33 16 August 2006 (UTC) Very little, but very interested.
- --Balloonguy 20:14, 22 August 2006 (UTC) Know script and pronounciation.
- --Regress 16:21, 7 September 2006 (UTC) I'm also Arab, and am starting modern standard Arabic classes at a University this semester. I would be happy to contribute the teaching style and method used and/or suppliment what I'm learning...
- --CSM 11:04 29 September 2006 (Central Daylight Time) I would love to learn Arabic, I wish to study for a future job. I know the Alphabet and I can speak it, I just need to learn the words etc... I also am having a hard time learning to connect letters. Does this have any planned start date?
- --mpalla 5:32 pm 28 September 2006 (Pacific Daylight Time). I know the script and pronounciation
- --Roytales 18:15 30 September 2006 (Central Daylight Time) I am an intrested party with no previous experience in Arabic.
- --Alam 19:13, 12 October 2006 (UTC)I could read Arabic and write it but not fluently and would like to expand my vocabulary.
- --CoachMcGuirk 11:27, 14 October 2006 (Pacific Daylight Time). I know most of the alphabet and script and a few "getting around" words. Would love to participate!
- --Elatanatari 00:10, 11 November 2006 (UTC) I know how to write and read the script, but can't understand the language.
- --Smyn 10:28, 5 December 2006 (UTC)would really really like to learn Arabic from scratch
- --Theonlykman 13:18, 4 January 2007 (Pacific Daylight Time). I'm very confident in my knowledge of Arabic script and pronunciation, and I know a decent amount of vocabulary and grammar, but not enough to communicate. I would love to learn to communicate with it.
- -- Ian Know intermediate Spanish and basic Russian. Very interested in languages in general. Would like to learn Arabic gradually - maybe only an hour per week.
- --Fbkook 10:52, 17 January 2007 (UTC) One of my next big goals is to learn Arabic. Teachers, you have a very motivated student here!
- --Lizardbliz 07:06, 25 January 2007 (UTC) HI i want to learn Arabic and I have no idea how this works.
- --Mina_S 10:08, 4 February 2007 (UTC) Hello, everyone! I speak Spanish, French and Serbian-and I would really like to add one more language to my list! Could you help us all? P.S.I have no experience in Arabic.
- --T Skillet 11:32, 4 March 2007. I would also like to learn Arabic. I know the alphabet, but that's all I know. Thanks!
- --arttic00 i would like to learn arabic, i do not know the alphabet.
- --AaronRichard I would like to learn Arabic, I have some knowledge of the alphabet, but read very slowly... Can also teach German and English...
- --Klaasvanschelven I am currently studying (Palestine) Arabic, using a number of resources. I know the alphabet and some phrases
- --Schweppy I have no previous knowledge of Arabic, but am interested in learning to speak it fluently.
- --Mockryan Ditto to above. No working knowledge of Arabic, but interested in learning.
- --Mafidufa 04:24, 6 September 2007 (UTC)i speak south sudanese arabic but would really like to learn classical, and how to read and write
- --tsekachun 07:00, 17 October 2007 (UTC) I work in an Arab country, would like to learn the language for interest. I know very little about the language.
- -- This site here looks pretty innactive... people looking for resources might check out efatwa.com as they have a pretty good amount of resources including script and basic textbooks
- -- My name is Ben. I'm going to be serving in Morocco in the Peace Corps and want to learn as much Arabic as I can before I go!
- -- I have read Quran in Arabic, can pronounce the language, but can't understand and speak fluently, would like to learn in.
- --Sarruby I'm a high schooler taking Arabic, and I'm going to share whatever I can!
- --Ilya.vyalyh Moving to the UAE, plan to devote to learning Arabic an hour or two a day in the upcoming month. Would appreciate company and help! --Ilya.vyalyh (talk) 15:22, 17 June 2012 (UTC)
- --NikeNikNakNu I am really interested in Middle Eastern culture from a language, dance, music and culinary perspective. I feel that learning the language is part of learning all the others and the others are tied to the language. --NikeNikNakNu (talk) 02:25, 31 August 2012 (UTC)
Interested teachers[edit | edit source]
- -- http://www.arabicpod.net ArabicPod.. Learn Arabic with free podcasts and transcripts. Download lessons to your pocket.
- -- 22.214.171.124 I am ready to write 30 modules Classical Arabic Language Course. Classical Arabic is vocabulary and grammar used by Quran, The Holy Book of Islam.
- -- Frdwnr i'm arabian, not a teacher, but i'd love to help .. how would this thing work??
- -- NRudolph I speak English natively, but I have a decent grasp of Arabic, and I would be glad to help.
- -- Timiciousknid Native English/ intermediate arabic speaker, but would still like to help novices.
- -- salwa31 :I am native arabic speaker but I am specialized in english language and would like to help.
- -- Coolio93 I'm a native arabic speaker n I'll be glad to help anybody