Pollution Control and Monitoring
POLLUTION CONTROL AND MONITORING.[edit | edit source]
Have you read the course overview on Web Victory yet ? 
Dear PCM students,
Your online system is now up and running, this has been developed so that you can talk to each other about your assignment question.
I will be online to facilitate discussions between the hours of 6 and 7 pm GMT
RULE : NO POSTING LINKS UNLESS YOU GET PERMISSION FROM ADMIN @ JAYJITSU
! TAKE TIME TO WORK THE SYSTEM OUT ! This should not take long...
You can edit the 'wikiversity' page, this is the link given below.
Remember this is a Pilot test so I will need to polish things up as we go along.
I hope the system helps.
<<< THIS IS A PILOT TEST, THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS PAGE IS TO PUSH YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION >>>>
Notice the blue areas are hyperlinks to other areas
You may wish to include your own links, follow the wikiversity help system for doing this,
or ring me JONATHAN WOOLDRIDGE on 023 9284 2945
Portsmouth University[edit | edit source]
THIS PAGE IS INTENDED FOR PORTSMOUTH UNIVERSITY STUDENTS ONLY
You have the opportunity to discuss issues, obstacles and conflicts by logging onto the online service provided by (PALTALK). This requires you to download some free software that has already been tried and tested.
Online conferencing and online tutorials are now AVAILABLE !
Use the room to make friends and network with each other at times were acadmic debates are not taking place. You will know when this time is because the room will be password protected.
If the password has been set, it will be (portsmouth)
Academic debate using paltalk.
Procedures[edit | edit source]
1. Download the software paltalk 
2. Use this free service
3. Log in and find the room
5. JayJitsu is your online fascillitator
6. Where you see an @ symbol infront of a name, this is an administrator.
7. If you enjoy this type of learning I will make you an admin and give you a H@T (The HAT sign)
This link will take you directly to the PALTALK online Universities room 
PALTTALK IS Free video chat, instant messaging and chat rooms.
Our room is available in the area called online Universities.
WRITE YOUR PALTALK NICNAME (USERNAME) BELOW AND A SUITABLE TIME FOR YOU TO BE ONLINE,
I SUGGEST INITIALLY TO LOG ON EVERYNIGHT BETWEEN 6 AND 7 GMT.
SET UP YOUR ONLINE STUDY GROUP[edit | edit source]
AND MAKE A TIME AND DATE FOR A TUTORIAL
HOW INDUSTRY CONCERNS IMPACT ON THE STATE OF YOUR LOCAL ENVIRONMENT[edit | edit source]
Identify environmental concerns that are in the public domain but have an industry relevant context.
Collect and summarise details from a wide range of sources so as to find as much information about the problem as possible.
1. Critically discuss how an investigation of what you consider to be the relevant Environmental Risk Factors are, and how this could help uncover the root cause of your environmental concern.
Note: Make sure that you define the Industry and the problem, as well as the context in which your problem occurs.
Civil society groups have played effective roles in developing and disseminating scientific information that has catalysed many environmental treaties, and offers data that can be used for lobbying purposes so as to inform Policy change.
COLLABORATE ON THE FOLLOWING ITEMS.
1. What is happening in the environment (i.e., how are environmental conditions and trends changing)?
2. Why is it happening (i.e., how are human activities and other stresses linked to the issue in question)?
3. Why is it significant (i.e., what are its ecological and socioeconomic effects)?
4. What is being done about it (i.e., how is society responding to the issues)?
5. Is this sustainable (i.e., are human actions threatening environmental capital and causing deterioration of ecosystem health)?
Examine the key trends within the issue and, where applicable, cross-links with other issues, and the significance of those trends;
Provide an overview of the most current scientific understanding;
* Who is your audience?
* What do they believe?
* Where do they stand on the issue?
* How are their interests involved?
* What evidence is likely to be effective with them?
* In determining your viewpoint, ask yourself the following:
* Is this topic interesting?
* Does your topic assert something specific and propose a plan of action?
(Reusing this file)