Engineering Experience 4: Design a Small Solar Vehicle/Nl/2013: Team PM5/Plan van aanpak pm5
Plan of action
This project came about because we all experience the engineering profession have included four in the second year groept engineering college . The central theme of the course is "make stuff work" concretely this means that we will build a (fictitious ) client , the Umicore Solar Team. Tiny solar car or small solar vehicle ( SSV )
We will build a SSV to demonstrate to the Umicore Solar Team that a small demo model can be powered by solar energy . Without battery pack We will achieve this through our SSV both manual testing and testing by simulation software issues. After extensive testing , we will participate in a solar race which is judged on the following criteria : the fastest, the most beautiful and the most innovative car.
Making a SSV that can be solar- powered and must meet the following criteria
• Streamlined shape
• Large energy transfer from engine to wheels ( good gearbox )
• Driving in a straight line
• As light as possible
• 14 meters can run on sunlight which the last 4 meters , there is an increase of 0.5 meters
• As soon as possible
• As beautiful as possible
• Innovative and quality
Furthermore, we must promote our SSV as well as possible by creating a web page and engraving. Team logo on the trolley
Now we explain briefly how we intend to achieve our goals.
• Regularly organize a measurement which progress will be discussed and revised until then approaching deadlines .
• Search for sturdy but lightweight materials with a reduced cost . ( Fablab , model shop , ... )
• Compromise between stability and speed with the work of the zonnepanneel points .
There are some limitations in this project. , A standard DC motor has to be used , and we have only a limited surface area of solar cells. Furthermore, the budget is also limited