Jump to navigation Jump to search
Study guides[edit | edit source]
Courses and Degrees[edit | edit source]
Undergraduate[edit | edit source]
Units at Monash University as a template. Other Universities' structures will be viewed, and an appropriate course structure will be developed.
- Cardiff Univertity School of Earth, Ocean and Planetary Sciences, Undergraduate streem.
- Syllabus for the Ohio State University.
Masters[edit | edit source]
Sample degrees offered at various Universities.
- University of Bristol Palaeobiology Masters degree
- Cardiff University School of Earth, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
[edit | edit source]
- Bubl links on palaeontology
- The Palaeobiology and Biodiversity Research Group
- Berkeley University Introduction to Palaeontology
- ABC Science in Australia
- The palaeontology portal.
- Palaeontology Department Natural History Museum in the United Kingdom.
- Science daily information about new fossil species
Publications[edit | edit source]
- The Palaeontological Association
- Elements of Geology, The Student's Series, Written by Sir Charles Lyell, Bart., F.R.S., (1871) at Geology.com
Blogs and forums on Palaeontology[edit | edit source]
Additional readings[edit | edit source]
- Wikibooks:Purpose/2. Life/Endnotes
- s:The New Student's Reference Work/Fossil
- s:The Origin of Species
- Mikko's Phylogeny Archive. A good site for the taxonomy of vertebrate species.
- Palaeos.org A wiki on taxonomy.
- The first Palaeos site.
Books[edit | edit source]
External news[edit | edit source]
- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5220784.stm Australian 'Nessie' fossils found .
- http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/09/060929-sea-monster.html New Species of Ancient Sea Creature Discovered -- Under Ping-Pong Table.
- http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/16215340.htm Bay Area scientist reveals rare fossil discovery in Antarctica.
- http://abc.net.au/science/news/stories/2007/1862805.htm?ancient Spiky oddball once prowled ocean by Will Dunham