Open Source 3-D Printing/Big Money Project
This is a project that supports the course Open Source 3-D Printing
The RepRap motto is "wealth without money" - for this assignment you are to create wealth by making an open source design that has value to you. It must be 3D printable on your MOST Delta and cost less than a commercial equivalent (if such a thing exists).
- Design something of "high value" that you can 3D print on your MOST Delta
- Make sure someone else has not already done it - search http://www.yeggi.com/ and https://www.yobi3d.com
- Design 3D printable components with ONLY OS CAD packages (e.g. Blender or OpenSCAD or FreeCAD)
- Upload your design under an OS license to https://www.myminifactory.com/ - include: Source files, STLs, a picture, and a brief description including costs and $ savings.
- Add picture, link to your MyMiniFactory page with name, commercial equivalent link+cost, and economic savings to table below (see example).
- Print component and bring to class
- 30% Print quality
- 20% Documentation
- 50% Design (design for printing, aesthetics and function)
Automatic reductions: -50% no source or the use of non-OS software -10% per day for late
Table of Value
|Digital Photo||Free Design/Link to YouMagine||Commercial equivalent link/Cost US$||Approximate Savings in US$|
|Adjustable laptop stand||, $80||$50|