OpenNMS Wireshark is a free and open source network monitoring and network management platform. These activities will show you how to use the OpenNMS Demo web site to monitor a network.
To prepare for this activity:
- Start Windows.
- Log in if necessary.
Activity 1 - Access the OpenNMS Demo Web Site
To access the OpenNMS web site:
- Open a web browser.
- Navigate to http://www.opennms.org.
- Select Live Demo or See a Live Demo.
- Follow the instructions to log in to the demo web site.
Activity 2 - Use OpenNMS to Monitor a Network
To use OpenNMS to monitor a network:
- Observe the OpenNMS Home page and network availability.
- Select Node List to view the network nodes currently being monitored.
- Select one of the nodes on the list to view detailed information about that node.
- Select Outages and then Current Outages or All Outages to view outage information.
- Select Path Outages to view network path outages.
- Select Events and then All Events to view event information.
- Select Assets and then All nodes with asset info to view asset information.
- Select Charts to view a chart summary of monitoring information.
- Select Support and then the OpenNMS.com support page for information on how OpenNMS is supported.
- Close the web browser to complete this activity.