Net is a Windows command used to view and modify network settings. These activities will show you how to use the net view command.
To prepare for this activity:
- Start Windows.
- Log in if necessary.
Activity 1 - View Computers
To view computers on your network:
- Open a command prompt.
- Type net view and press Enter.
- Observe the list of computers in your domain or workgroup.
To view the shared resources on a given computer:
- Type net view \\computer, where computer is the name of one of the computers listed in Activity 1 above. Then press Enter.
- Observe the shared resources on that computer.
To view the shared resources on your own computer:
- Type net share and press Enter.
- Observe the shared resources on your computer.
- Close the command prompt to complete this activity.