Minecraft/How to download a Texture Pack
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Download a resource pack from the site of your choice. Majority of resource packs are in ZIP file format, but as long as it has the necessary files (a 'pack.mcmeta' file, and an 'assets' folder), Minecraft will recognize a folder as a resource pack. If you create your own textures, you can ZIP them if you feel it is necessary. However, as of snapshot 12w23a, as long as pack.mcmeta exists, it will be recognized as a resource pack.
- Open Minecraft.
- If you are in a Minecraft world, press 'escape'. If you are in the main menu, skip this step.
- Click Resource Packs button. (If you do not see it, go to Options)
- Click Open Resource Pack Folder button; this will open the folder where Minecraft stores all texture packs. If nothing happens, you need to find the folder manually. Depending on your operating system it is:
~/.minecraft/resourcepacks(This folder may be hidden in the Home folder)
~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/resourcepacks(This folder may be hidden)
- You do not have to have Minecraft closed to place the resource pack in the opened folder.
- In a few seconds the resourcepack will appear in Minecraft. Select it and click "Done". The resource pack is now applied, you may load your world and see the difference. If Minecraft did not update, simply exit and reopen the resource packs screen.