Mere Christianity (CBL)/Week 6
- Read pg. 81-99
- Write a well developed response that expands upon a theme or concept from this week's reading.
- Answer weekly question set
- Study for the Book III Quiz next week
This week's discussion will be held at TIME on DATE in the AWF virtual universe, Agape World at the AWF School facility.There is a section on the talk page where you can post topics and questions for us to go over. If you are unable to make it, your questions can also be posted in a separate section to the talk page, where I will do my best to answer them shortly.
You should continue writing your rough draft this week, as the initial submission period will open next week. When you are finished, have someone review your essay and incorporate their suggestions into a working copy. The earlier you turn in your essay, the more time you will have to revise it for final submission.
After reading pages 81-99 and writing a response, please answer the following 10 questions in complete sentences. Each question will be worth one point, for a total of ten points possible.
- What is the Christian idea of marriage?
- How does the Church regard divorce? How does this relate to justice?
- How does Lewis justify man as head in a marriage?
- Why is forgiveness the most unpopular Christian virtue?
- How do we learn to forgive? Why should we use this way?
- Why is there a distinction between killing and murder?
- How do you hate an action, but not the person who performs the action?
- What is the Great Sin? Why is it so bad and how do you combat it?
- Why can't a proud person know God?
- How do you know a humble man?
The quiz on this unit will open next week. It will consist of 25 free response questions similar to the weekly questions. Any material from Book III is fair game and you should begin studying now to maximize your score. Each question is worth 1 point and will be graded based upon completeness and comprehension.