Mere Christianity (CBL)/Week 4
Assignments[edit | edit source]
- Read pg. 37-51
- Write a well developed response that expands upon a theme or concept from this week's reading.
- Answer weekly question set
- Take the Book II Quiz on Moodle
Discussion[edit | edit source]
This week's discussion will be held at TIME on DATE in the AWF virtual universe, Agape World at the AWF School facility.There is a section on the talk page where you can post topics and questions for us to go over. If you are unable to make it, your questions can also be posted in a separate section to the talk page, where I will do my best to answer them shortly.
Final Essay[edit | edit source]
For the first half of this course, you should concentrate on deciding the topic you will write about. If you have an idea already, go ahead and start writing your initial rough draft. Make certain that the topic you select is sufficiently broad to write about and worthy of analysis.
Questions[edit | edit source]
After reading pages 37-51 and writing a response, please answer the following 10 questions in complete sentences. Each question will be worth one point, for a total of ten points possible.
- What is the long story of human history? What problem does it face?
- What's so important about the "queer dreams" and selection of a culture?
- Why is it significant that Jesus appeared to the Jews? What difference allowed for a successful mission?
- What two things could Jesus be? What can Jesus not be?
- What is the formula of Christianity?
- What "hole" has man fallen into?
- Why is repentance necessary to return to God?
- Why did God become man?
- What three things make up the Christ life? Why is each important and which is most important?
- Why doesn't God just invade the world and wipe out evil?
Test[edit | edit source]
The Book II Quiz is now open on Moodle. It's composed of 25 free response questions drawn from this unit, with each question worth 1 point. Once again, answers will be graded based on completeness and comprehension.