Mechatronics Engineering is the trade that combines methodologies, techniques and applications from Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automatic Control and Computer Science, hence the prefix "Mecha"; stands for Mechanics involved engineering, and "tronics"; stands for the Electronics/Computer Science involved engineering: Mechatronics.
Syllabus[edit | edit source]
CS035-Design of Algorthms
- ADVANCED ALGORITHMS
Polynomials - Evaluation - Matrices - Multiplication - FFT and Convolution - Binary matrices - Transitive closure - Number theoretic Algorithm - Chinese remainder theorem - RSA Public - Key crypto system.
- DIVIDE AND CONQUER
General method - Typical problems - Finding the minimum and maximum - Strassen's matrix multiplications -Convex Hull.
- GREEDY METHOD
General method - Knapsack problem - Tree vertex splitting - Job sequencing with deadlines.
- DYNAMIC PROGRAMMING
General method - 0/1 knapsack - Traveling salesman problem - Flow shop scheduling.
- BACKTRACKING AND BRANCH AND BOUND TECHNIQUES
General method - 8 Queens problems - Graph coloring - Branch and bound method - 0/1 knapsack - Traveling Salesman.
- Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson, Ronald L. Rivest , "Introduction to Algorithms", Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., 1998.
- Sara Baase, "Computer Algorithms - Introduction to Design and Analysis", Addison - Wesley Publishing Company, 1989.
- Ellis Horowitz, Sartaj Sahni, Sanguthevar Rajasekaran, "Computer Algorithms ", Galgotia Publications Pvt. Ltd, 1999.
- S. Sahni, "Data Structures, Algorithms and Applications in C++", McGraw Hill, 1998.
CS064 Embedded System and Design
- BASICS OF EMBEDDED SYSTEMS AND HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS
Introduction - Examples of embedded systems: Telegraph - Cordless bar - Code scanner - Laser printer -Underground tank monitoring - Nuclear Reactor monitor. Advanced hardwares: Programmable array logic;Application Specific Integrated circuits (ASIC) and Field Programmable Gate arrays (FPGA) - Watch dog timers- Built - Ins on the microprocessor - Interrupt.
- EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ARCHITECTURE
Round robin - Round robin with interrupts - Function Queue scheduling Architecture - Real time operating systems Architecture - Selecting architecture.
- REAL TIME OPERATING SYSTEM
Tasks and Task states - Tasks and Data - Semaphore and shared data - Message queues, mail boxes and pipes -Encapsulating semaphores and queues - Timer functions - Events - Memory management - Interrupt routines in an RTOS Environment.
- BASIC DESIGN USING A REAL TIME OPERATING SYSTEM
Overview - Principles - Design of an embedded system (Underground tank monitoring System).
- EMBEDDED SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT TOOLS AND DEBUGGING
Linker/Locators for embedded software - embedded software into the target system - Testing on host machine:Basic techniques - more advanced techniques - Limitations and shortcomings - Instruction set simulators - The assert macro - Testing using laboratory tools.
Text Book :
- David E. Simon, An embedded software primer, Addition - Wesley 1999. Indian Edition Reprint 2000, Second Edition Reprint 2001, Published by Addition - Wesley Longman (Singapore) Pte.Ltd., Indian Branch 482, FIE Patparganj, New Delhi - 110 092.
EC046 Very Large Scale Integrated Circuit Design
- MOS TECHNOLOGY AND CIRCUITS
MOS Technology and VLSI, Process parameters and considerations for BJT, MOS and CMOS, Electrical properties of MOS circuits and Device modeling.
- MOS CIRCUIT DESIGN PROCESS
MOS layers, Stick diagram, Layout diagram, Propagation delays, Examples of combinational logic design, Scaling MOS circuits.
- DIGITAL CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS
Programmable Logic Array (PLA) and finite state machines, Design of ALU's, Memories and Registers.
- ANALOG VLSI AND HIGH SPEED VLSI
Introduction to analog VLSI, Models for analog switches, active resistors, current sources / sinks, current references, BJT and CMOS operational amplifiers for simulation. Layout of typical circuits like common source amplifier, current source and differential amplifier, Sub-micron technology and GaAs VLSI technology.
- HARDWARE DESCRIPTION LANGUAGES
VHDL Background and basic concepts, Structural specification of hardware and Design organisation and parameterization.
- Dougles A. Pucknell and Kamran Eshrafhian, " Basic VLSI Design systems and circuits ", Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., 1993.
- Randall L. Geiger and P. E. Allen, " VLSI design techniques for analog and digital circuits ", McGraw-Hill Int. Co. 1990.
- Peter J. Ashenden, " The Designer's guide to VDNL ", Harcourt Asia Pvt. Ltd. 1995.
- Amar Murkherjee, " Introduction to NMOS and CMOS VLSI system design ", Prentice Hall, 1986.
- Fabious. E., " Introduction to VLSI design ", McGraw-Hill, 1990.
- Navabi. Z., " VHDL analysis and modeling of digital systems ", McGraw-Hill, 1993.
- Mohammed Ismail and Terri Fiez, " Analog VLSI, Signal and Information Processing ", McGraw-Hill, 1994.
- Neil H. E. Weste, Kamran Eshraghian, " Principles of CMOS VLSI Design ", Addison Wesley, 1998.