Lunar Boom Town/External links
Jump to navigation Jump to search
[edit | edit source]
- Maybe some of our peer teams local designs would be eligible for this NASA design competition or maybe just practice here locally and then go compete globally?
- International Space Settlement Design Competition
- The Political Economy of Very Large Space Projects
- An animated demonstration of a proposal
- Building a base on the Moon
Useful open/free design tools[edit | edit source]
- Dia is free software for creating diagrams. It may be useful for process flow and instrumentation diagrams.
- Art of Illusion is a free 3D Modeling and Rendering environment incredibly useful for design visualization.
- Blender is also a 3D Modeling and Rendering environment augmented with exellent import/export data formats involving game development tools and environments.
U.S.G.S. Planetary Data System - Check licensing constraints before using. Summarize here for others. http://pdsmaps.wr.usgs.gov/maps.html
Background information[edit | edit source]
- Lunar and Martian dust is a potential problem. 
- Possible solution for Lunar and Martian dust.
- TANSTAFL Lunar vacuum will be compromised for chip making, requiring vacuum pumping. 
- NASA Asteroid Surveys I feel safer already. Might be a motherlode providing supplies to those asteroid miners!
- Popular Mechanics Series on NASA's Planned Lunar Base
Applicable Google discussion groups[edit | edit source]
Software[edit | edit source]
Related news[edit | edit source]
- April 2008 Minerals mapped on Lunar Surface