Introduction to nutrition
The Food Pyramid
The food pyramid gives a great perspective on how to eat healthily. Have at least 3 ounces of grains each day, vary your veggies, don't go for the fruit juices, make sure your dairys are low-fat or fat-free and go for baked, broiled or grilled lean meat or poultry.
How To Lay Off The Sweets Everyone loves chocolate and candy, but they want to stay healthy, too. There are simple ways to avoid your sweets.
- Instead of reaching for jellybeans, reach for a sweet fruit! Strawberries, cherries, grapes, bananas and apples are great alternatives.
- If you want to eat healthy but have a little sweets at the same time, try dipping the tip of a strawberry into some melted chocolate. Or, you could do the same with a cherry.
Healthy Breakfast Examples
Here are some examples of a healthy breakfast:
- eggs, whole grain cereal and milk, banana (could be replaced with oter fruit), orange juice (only half-3/4 of a cup full).
- fruit salad, croissant, milk
- oatmeal, milk, fruit
Healthy Lunch and Dinner Examples
- turkey sandwich on wheat bread, carrots and celery
- green beans, mashed potatoes, pasta
- pizza, carrots, spinach
Things to Avoid These are some things that you should avoid:
- fruit juices
- oils and fats (potato chips, French fries, etc.)
- doughnuts, pastries, cakes etc.
Go to www.mypyramid.gov for more information and how to get your own personal food pyramid.
Poultry In india Egg Exporters in india