Introduction to Robotics/Robotics and BoeBots/Assignment/Students
Part 1[edit | edit source]
Computers require very precise and simple instructions to operate. As a programmer, you need to think about tasks in terms of these simple instructions. As an example, can you think about how to teach a computer to make a sandwich? Explain how to build a regular sandwich (ham sandwich or Peanut Butter & Jelly) in as simple steps as possible.
Part 2[edit | edit source]
On the first page of the wikibook Robotics, read the section Defining Robotics.
- Which of these studies would be considered robotics based on this definition?
- Studying the strength and flexibility of a titanium alloy used to make a robotic arm?
- Integrating sensor data from sonar, laser, and CCD cameras and to build an accurate map of surroundings?
- The real-time software needed to drive two motors to make a robot go in a straight line?
- Classify each of these as a robot, a mechatronic device, a machine, or something else?
- A spam email filter.
- A garage door opener.
- A remote controlled boat.
- A 1970's automobile.
- A current model automobile which includes lane-following.
- An Apple IPod.
- An actor in in a silver suit.