Sign up on the inscription list[edit | edit source]
Posting on discussion board[edit | edit source]
- You will be sent a confirmation email from "email@example.com". Use the answer function of your email account and do not change the subject. Thus your account will be activated
- Then log in on http://www.zum.de/Foren/internet/threads/thread414.php, enter Your user name and password and write a posting in which you briefly present yourself including the link to your wikiversity site. Write Your text directly into the box, then click on "Weiter zur Vorschau" which means "Show Preview" and then click on "publizieren und Nutzungsbedingungen anerkennen" which means "submit".
- Open a new thread as soon as you have found international partners:
- Go to http://www.zum.de/Foren/internet/cgi/forum.cgi and...
- ...click on "Neues Thema hinzufügen" (You find this link up left) and insert a name for your working group, i.e. the topic you are working on, for instance open education.
discussion on common reading[edit | edit source]
In your group discussion forum, please discuss the following questions on the common readings:
1. The reading on ICT/Global Awareness describes two examples of how ICT (Information and Communications Technology)skills can support global awareness. What do you think are the benefits to students who participate in these types of projects? What similar types of projects might you do with students when you begin teaching?
2. The Framework for 21st Century Learning list 4 areas that are important for a 21st education: Core Subjects and 21st Century Themes; Learning and Innovation Skills; Information, Media, and Technology Skills; and Life and Career Skills. Which of these, if any, are the schools in your area addressing? What does a teacher in training like yourself need to know and be able to do in order to teach 21st century skills to children?
WORK ON PROJECTS
- upload the final version of your group powerpoint to your group wiki!
- Remember the numerical identifier your instructors assigned you at the beginnig of the project.