Interior design/Words To Know
Jump to navigation Jump to search
These are words to know about/of relating/on the topic of Interior Design.
Section 1: Interior Design/Words To Know (editing: https://en.wikiversity.org/w/index.php?title=Interior_design/Words_To_Know§ion=1&veaction=editsource)[edit | edit source]
- House - A shelter, in which provides [to the inhabitants of the home] space for possessions [of the inhabitant(s)], safety, and space for activities (games, public eatings, etc.)
- Home - Provides privacy; Represents goals, values, individuality, and brings a sense of belonging to a family
- Interior Design - A career that makes the inside of a house beautiful, comfortable, and functional.
- Floor Design - A diagram or a blueprint of a room arrangement.
- Traffic Pattern - The paths people use to get from 1 room to the other room.
- Element Design - Includes color, shape and textures.
- Illusions - The feeling that something looks different than it really is.
- Color - Has the greatest effect on the appearance of a room
- Hue - Name of color
- Shade - Hue + Black
- Tint - Hue + White
- Neutral Colors - Not on the color wheel
- Cool Colors - Set a relaxing mood
- Warm Colors - Make a room feel cozy
- Color illusions - Light colored walls make a room appear large, while dark colored walls make a room appear smaller.
Explanations (editing: https://en.wikiversity.org/w/index.php?title=Interior_design/Words_To_Know§ion=2&veaction=editsource)[edit | edit source]
- [Illusions]: ex (Explain)... A wall that is painted as a lake is an illusion because it appears to be a lake, in which it is really not and it's just a wall.
- [Shade]: ex (Explain)... Shade + Black; A good example of this is Red + Black, which equals Maroon.
- [Tint]: ex (Explain)... Shade + White; A good example of this is Red + White, which equals Pink
- [Neutral Colors]: ex (Explain)... These are colors that are not present in the color (Color Wheel: http://color-wheel-artist.com/basic-color-wheel.html), such as White, Black, Grey, Brown and Beige.
- [Cool Colors]: ex (Explain)... These colors give a relaxing mood to the environment they're in. These colors are Green, Blue and Violet.
- [Warm Colors]: ex (Explain)... These colors make a room feel cozy, snuggly, and comfortable. These colors are Red, Orange and Yellow.