Instructional design/Psychomotor behaviors/Self Talk in Psychomotor Skills/Review your answers
Lesson work sheet answers
1. What are the similarities between each of these cases?
- Each of the performers likely have the skills and knowledge to perform well in these tasks
- Each of the performer is operating under potentially high stress circumstances
- Each of the performer's performance gaps are unlikely to be caused by a lack of motivation or lack of skills or knowledge
Question 3B: Complete this section after reading the entire lesson. For each performer, write in the space below what would you do if you were the performer’s instructor/coach? Include your diagnostic steps and at least one of the 5 methods discussed.
Below are some suggested strategies. Your answers may differ from these examples.
|Sara||- Ask Sara what she thinks about when she is playing.
- Prior to going on stage, have her breath deeply for 5 minutes.
|Bob||- Ask Bob how he feels about presenting.
- Instruct Bob the night before the presentation to picture himself articulate and at ease in front of a large audience as he is giving the presentation.
|Tracy||- Ask Tracy how she feels physically right before the start of the race.
- Right before the race and during the first 100 meters, have her repeat in her head the word "pace".