Inferential statistics decision-making tree
Inferential statistical decision-making tree diagrams provide visual flow-chart style overviews of when to apply various types of non-parametric and parametric statistics, based on the:
- purpose of the analysis - i.e., what is the question?,
- number of IVs and DVs involved, and
- levels of measurement for the IVs and DVs.
Download these recommended examples as one file:
- Inferential statistical decision making trees - or separately:
- Corston, R. & Colman, A. (2000). A crash course in SPSS for Windows. Blackwell, Oxford.
- Emtage, Nick F. and Duthy, Stephen (2002). An introduction to statistical package for the social sciences. In: S. R. Harrison, J. L. Herbohn, E. O. Mangaoang, & J. K. Vanclay. Socio-economic research methods in forestry: A training manual. Leyte State University, ViSCA, Baybay, The Philippines, 4-10 February.
- Howell, D. C. (2008). Fundamental statistics for the behavioral sciences (6th ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth.
- Inferential statistics decision-making tree (ucspace).