ICT in Education/SolarSPELL
SolarSPELL International Education Project[edit | edit source]
SolarSPELL is a Solar Powered Educational Learning Library: a digital library over an off-line WiFi hotspot, designed to simulate an online experience. Making use of open educational resources and ever-smaller and more efficient technology, SPELL provides an all-in-one, self-powered plug-and-play kit, ready to be deployed with absolute minimal training or maintenance required for start-up and continued operation.
The SPELL library consists of:
- Banana Pi Microcomputer (or similar) with WiFi Dongle
- 32 GB SD Card pre-loaded with open-access educational content
- 10W Eco-Worthy Solar Panel
- Voltage Regulator
- 10,000 mAh Rechargeable Battery
- Micro USB Connector Cords
Acknowledgement: Thank you, Laura Hosman, for sharing the experience of the SolarSPELL project.