ICT in Education/Change Projects/2014B Rwanda The Use Of ICT
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Project Title:The use of ICT tools in teaching and learning of Science subjects in the Faculty of Sciences at UR-College of Education
- Change agent (name):Pascasie NYIRAHABIMANA
- Organization:University of Rwanda-College of Education
- Problem:Rwandan Science teachers wish to know and make use of ICT tools in teaching and learning process with the overall aim of improving teaching process and students’ learning active.
- Aim (max 80 words):The objectives of the project are:
- To use wordpress and slideshare as ICT tools for designing new learning and teaching environments for lecturers in UR-College of Education so that they can help their student-teachers to integrate those tools in teaching practices.
- To equip Scientist student-teachers with both theoretical knowledge and practical skills to better utilize wordpress and slideshare for enhancing learners as well as their own professional development.
- Approach/methods: (max 200 words):The execution of this project is planned to be done in three steps. In the first step the training of lecturers on the use of wordpress and slideshare will be organized. In the second step the lectures trained will train theirs student- teachers on the use of wordpress and slideshare in teaching Sciences. These student-teachers will apply the acquired knowledge during internship period and afterward. The third step is the evaluation of the project that means to evaluate the use of wordpress and slideshare in teaching Sciences during internship period for student trained.