Human vision and function/The five common eye diseases
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In this topic, you will consider a range of case studies to engage the five most common eye diseases:
- Refractive error (the need for corrective lenses/glasses).
- Diabetic eye disease
- Age-related macular degeneration
Topic learning objectives
- Describe a problem clearly.
- Identify learning needs.
- Identify authoritative information.
- Take responsibility for developing effective learning strategies.
- Individually and as part of a team, evaluate behaviour of self and others.
- Communicate effectively to manage conflict, brainstorming and encouragement of others.
- Describe outcomes from managing the problem effectively.
- Interpret complex information into an appropriate mode to inform others.
- Risk factors for eye disease and those most at risk.
- Programs that aim to decrease risk factors.
- Social and monetary costs associated with decreased vision.