Helping Give Away Psychological Science/Orientation Training
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This orientation training site is a great overview for those learning to edit Wikipedia and Wikiversity.
[edit | edit source]
- The Wikipedia Adventure: Highly recommended for complete newbies to Wikipedia! An interactive adventure to creating a Wikipedia account and editing Wikipedia.
- Psychological Assessment Beginners Guide: This is ideal for the intermediate editor, best consumed after completing the Wikipedia Adventure. It goes through more nuanced points about Wikipedia, such as guidelines for notability and neutrality.
- General Tutorial: This is great after you have completed the first two tutorials. It teaches more advanced stuff!
Tutorial videos[edit | edit source]
- Tutorial videos: For the visual learners, this set of videos provides some advanced tips. Worth a watch!
Advanced resources[edit | edit source]
- Five Pillars of Wikipedia (philosophical guidelines and best practices for Wikipedia editing)
- How to Edit a Page
- Wiki Markup Quick Reference (PDF version of printed handout)
- Article Development
- Your First Article (using the Article Wizard if you wish)
- Manual of Style
- Citation templates
- Infobox templates
- Bookshelf (additional "getting started" resources)