Helicopter/Howard Community College/Fall2012/p3-550-mww/Weight Testing
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Purpose[edit | edit source]
- To determine how much weight the quadcopter will lift.
Materials:[edit | edit source]
- Lead shot
- Plastic sandwich bags
- Double sided tape
- Lightweight fishing line
- Iphone with app installed
Procedure:[edit | edit source]
- 1. Ensure that the battery for the quadcopter is fully charged.
- 2. Gather all needed materials.
- 3. Create incremental weights using lead shot, plastic bags and the scale.
- 4. Fold bag with weight to concentrate weight to the smallest possible area.
- 5. Attach weight to quadcopter outdoor shroud with double-sided tape.
- 6. Attach equal length pieces of lightweight fishing line to each foot of the quadcopter.
- 7. Tether the quadcopter to the workbench with the fishing lines.
- 8. Connect the battery to the quadcopter.
- 9. Place quadcopter on the workbench.
- 10. Connect to the quadcopter with the Iphone application.
- 11. Press the takeoff button.
- 12. Observe whether or not the quadcopter will lift off of the ground with the added weight.
- 13. Hit the land button.
- 14. Record the results.
- 15. Repeat with incremental weights.
Results:[edit | edit source]
|Weight in oz.||Weight in grams||Lift Achieved?|