Health Education Development/Facilitate an activity
The aim of this assignment is to develop your skills in working with a team to plan and facilitate a group activity, explain that activity using a program logic narrative, conduct a self analysis of your team and your performance, and participate in and assess other team's activities. These skills and processes are not only invaluable to a community public health professional tasked with health education, they are also very useful in many other professions.
Form a small team and use Alice Macpherson's guide for Instructors to select, prepare and facilitate an activity with a larger group. You will participate in and evaluate the activities that other teams facilitate. Your team will facilitate 3 activities over the course of the subject, and produce a plan and an explanation and evaluation for each.
You will be assessed based on a self-evaluation, a team and class evaluation, a facilitator evaluation and your participation in other team's activities.
This assignment equivalent to 500 words. It is due periodically throughout the subject on advice from your tutor. Assessment comprises 15% of your overall mark in this subject.
- Form a project team (<5 people) and complete the Cooperative Learning Contract. Your team contract should be completed before your team facilitates its second group activity.
- One page activity plan
- One page explanation for the activity, using a program logic narrative
- A self-evaluation, a team and class evaluation and a facilitator evaluation using this evaluation sheet
- Regular participation in other team's activities
Your tutors will demonstrate this assignment in the first 2 tutorials for the subject. Below are copies of their activity plan, explanation using program logic narrative, and an evaluation of their activity.
- Plan forthcoming
- Explanation forthcoming
- Evaluation forthcoming
- Cooperative Learning Group Activities for College Courses - a Guide for Instructors - Prepared by Alice Macpherson, Kwantlen University College