Haitian Creole/Basic Vocabulary/Answer Key
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Try to figure out the meaning of the following sentences. For extra practice, try pronouncing them.
- Bonjou, m rele Jan. Hello, my name is Jan (cognate to John). literally, Hello, I am named Jan/John.
- Pa gen moun nan kay sa. There are no people in this/that house.
- Li gen anpil manje pou manje. He/she/it has a lot of food to eat.
- Mèsi anpil! Thank you very much.
- Kijan nou fè sa? How do we/you (pl.) make/do this/that?
- Yo pale kreyòl ayisyen men yo pa pale franse. They speak Haitian Creole but they do not speak French.
- Kite m fè li. Let me make/do it.