Jump to navigation Jump to search
His Life[edit | edit source]
Born in France
Died in France, 1984, of aids related illnesses
Major themes[edit | edit source]
Discourse[edit | edit source]
Power/Knowledge[edit | edit source]
Biopower[edit | edit source]
His relevence to Anthropology[edit | edit source]
Influences[edit | edit source]
Writers who Influenced Foucault[edit | edit source]
Writers influenced by Foucault[edit | edit source]
Contemporaries[edit | edit source]
Works available online[edit | edit source]
- Repository of texts from Foucault.info (excerpts from Discipline & punish, Archeology of knowledge, Heterotopia, Manet, Pierre Rivière, Enlightenment, Author Function, etc.)
- List of texts from DMOZ
- Thefoucauldian.co.uk 18 online texts on Pierre Rivière, technologies of the self, archeology of knowledge, Nietzsche & genealogy, etc.
- Michel Foucault's Introduction to Kant's Anthropology original version translated by Arianna Bove, 2002
- Online audiorecording of Foucault at UC Berkeley, April 1983: "The Culture of the Self"
- Sexual Morality and the Law, April 1978 - Transcript of a Radio France Culture conversation between Foucault, Jean Danet, and Guy Hocquenghem about age of consent. See also: "Romance is Dead" Daniel Z. Epstein, 2007.
- "What are the Iranians Dreaming About?" - an excerpt from Foucault and the Iranian Revolution
Back to Introduction to Anthropology