Fire and emergency management/Public safety telecommunicator I/Psychomotor Applications
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Operation and basic troubleshooting of telephone and communication equipment.
- Controlling conversations utilizing established questioning and listening techniques.
- Manage excited, foreign language and suicidal calls.
- Manage special handling calls such as mass casualty and weapons of mass destruction.
- Basic language and writing skills, interpreting and condensing information, typing and handwriting skills.
- Map and chart reading and use of resource list. Voice control, providing directions, route callers and operate telecommunications equipment.
- Situational Awareness of all operations within the served area and surrounding areas.
- Monitoring other call takers and dispatchers to gather additional information on active incidents.