Fire and emergency management/Fire inspector I/Administration
This duty involves the preparation of correspondence and inspection reports, handling of complaints, and maintenance of records, as well as participation in legal proceedings and maintenance of an open dialogue with the plans examiner and emergency response personnel according to the following job performance requirements.
1. Prepare inspection reports from observations from field inspections IAW applicable codes and standards.
2. The ability to interpret codes and standards.
3. The ability to communicate orally and in writing.
4. The ability to interpret codes and standards, communicate orally and in writing, and refer complaints.
5. Participate in legal proceedings, given the findings of a field inspection or complaint and consultation with legal counsel, so that all information is presented accurately and professionally.
6. The ability to maintain a professional courtroom demeanor, communicate, listen and differentiate facts from opinions.