Fire and emergency management/Fire Officer I/Community and Government Relations
4.3.1 Termial Objectives Given a community need.Initiate a action to address the need.Policies and procedures need to be developed in the area concerning the need.
- Research the service organizattions and community demographics
- Research ways to improve community relations.
4.3.2 Termial Objectives Given policies and procedures when addressing a citizens concern.Initiate a action plan to address the concern.
Enabling O bjectives
- Ensure the proper people are notified to effectly and correctly address the concern.
- Use verbal communication skills when addressing the public.
- Look at ways to improve relations with the public.
4.3.3 Termial Objectives When responding to a public inquiry.Ensure that policies and procedure are follow in accordance and where applicable. Answer questions accurately and couryeously.
- Understand how policies and procedures are applied in this matter
- Written and good Oral communication skills are needed
- The ability to interpersonally interact with the public.
4.3.4 Termial Objectives Given a target audience and specify topic. A public education must be developed.Develope a system to ensure the intended message is conveyed and understood.
- Must understand the departments public education program.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to communicate well to a large group of people.