Fire and emergency management/Fire Investigator/Presentations
Terminal objective: Presentation of findings to those individuals not involved in the actual investigation through written reports and documentation that effectively express the investigator's opinion.
- Understand elements of writing.
- Understand components of written report.
- Understand the types of audiences and their respective needs.
- Demonstrate writing skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze information.
- Demonstrate the ability to determine the reader's needs or requirements.
Terminal objective: Presentation of findings to those individuals not involved in the actual investigation through verbal reports that reflects accurate information within a given time for an intended audience.
- Understand investigative findings.
- Understand informational needs of audience types.
- Understand the impact of releasing information.
- Demonstrate communication skills with oral reports.
Terminal objective:Testify during legal proceedings, give investigative findings, contents of reports, and consultation with legal counsel, so that all pertinent investigative information and evidence is presented clearly and accurately and the investigator's demeanor and attire are appropriate to the proceedings.
- Understand types of investigative findings.
- Understand types of legal proceedings.
- Understand professional demeanor.
- Understand due process and legal proceedings.
- Demonstrate communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to differentiate facts from opinion.
- Demonstrate the accepted procedures, practices, and etiquette during legal proceedings.
Terminal objective:Conduct public informational presentations, given relative data, so that information is accurate, appropriate to the audience, and clearly supports the information needs of the audience.
- Understand types of data available regarding the fire loss problem.
- Understand the issues about which the community must know.
- Demonstrate the ability to assemble, organize and present information.