Four scenes about Jason
- Here is a set of four simple scenes which explain the story of Jason who is one of the sons of the family. You will have no problem editing the first three scenes but the fourth has many challenges.
- The location
- Near the house of the mother and father of the family is Jason's house. He is a song writer who travels constantly.
- The characters
- Most of the scenes are with Jason and his wife. One scne is "Pillow Fight" where they talk about Jason's most recent disappearance. The final scene (which is the most challenging) is with Jason and Elvis.
- The story - "Happy Homecoming"
- Jason is playing with his son.
- The story - "Leaving Soon"
- Jason is leaving and his wife is not happy.
- The story - "Pillow Fight"
- The girls are staying in their own room of ther parent's house.
- The story - "Come On In"
- In this scene, Jason goes to meet Elvis.
- The challenge
- All of the scenes are very simple and easy to edit. Music or just musical effects are needed at the end of most scenes. These scenes are simply practice scenes.
Edit this scene
- Order the disk
- Order the disk from the Star Movie Shop. Remember, if you have earned enough points at the Wikiversity Film School, the disk is free. If you do not have enough points, the Star Movie Shop will accept PayPal. To contact the Star Movie Shop, you simply click here.
- The Overview Movie
- Start by looking at the overview movie for these four scenes. (The overview movie filesa are in a different folder than the film dailies.) The overview movie shows you the important parts of the film dailies in chronological order so you can quickly see which shots are best.
- Transfer the dailies
- Copy all the film dailies (not the overview movie) to your hard drive. If necessary, convert the dailies to whatever format your editing program prefers. Import them into your editing program.
- Edit the scenes
- Editing the scenes is easy. Always start by looking for the best audio. Once the audio (along with the picture) is edited, you will lock the audio and roll the picture edits to find the best visual transitions thereby creating "L-Cuts".
- The opening shot
- These four scenes are mixed in between scenes about the main characters. To help the audience know that these scenes are from the story about the store keeper's family, show the [icture of the store at the beginning of each scene.
- Submit your finished scene
- Each scene is worth 20 points and 10 points for original music or musical sound effects. Email me when you are finished.