Evidence-based assessment/Assessment Center/General public resources
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are resources associated with the HGAPS Assessment Center broken down by symptom area.
General resources[edit | edit source]
- How to find a therapist
- Differences Between Mental Health Providers
- Learn About Getting Treatment
- NAMI HelpLine– 1-800-950-NAMI (6264)
- NAMI Crisis Text Line– Text NAMI to 741-741
- Finding a Mental Health Professional
- How Family Members Can Be Supportive
- How to Help a Friend
Resources by symptom category[edit | edit source]
Anxiety[edit | edit source]
- Information About Anxiety Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders: Fact Sheet
- Anxiety Disorders: Resource Center
- Fear, Worry, and Anxiety: Therapy Options
- Managing Stress and Anxiety
- Anxiety Disorders in children: Information for Parents
- About Anxiety in Children and Teens
- Anxiety & Depression in Children
Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder[edit | edit source]
- What is ADHD?
- ADHD Fact Sheet
- How does ADHD look in adults?
- ADHD in Children (What is ADHD?, How is ADHD Diagnosed?, What are ADHD Treatments?, How to Seek Treatment?)
- How to Help Your Child with ADHD
- Hyperactivity in Children: Information and Therapy Options
- ADHD Resource Center
Autism[edit | edit source]
- NAMI: Fact Sheet
- What is Autism Spectrum Disorder?
- Mayo Clinic: Information on Autism Spectrum Disorder
Bipolar Disorder[edit | edit source]
- Call and Text Line: 1-800-273-TALK or text DBSA to 741-741
- What is Bipolar Disorder Generally?
- Bipolar Disorder: Fact Sheet
- Severe Mood Swings & Bipolar: Therapy Options
- What is hypomania?
- Bipolar Disorder: Resource Center
- NIMH: Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Bipolar Resources for Kids (Parent page available as well)
- What Does Bipolar Disorder Look Like in Children/Adolescents?
- How to Help Your Child With Bipolar Disorder
Body Focused Repetitive Behavior[edit | edit source]
Borderline Personality Disorder[edit | edit source]
Depression[edit | edit source]
- What is Depression Generally?
- Depression: Overview
- Depression: Fact Sheet
- Depression: Resource Center
- Depression: Effective Therapy Methods
- Text Line: Text CONNECT to 741741
- What Does Depression Look Like in Children/Adolescents?
- Cleveland Clinic: Depression in Children
Eating Disorders[edit | edit source]
- NIMH Information on Eating Disorders
- Eating Disorders Help Line: (800) 931-2237
- Learn About Eating Disorders and Getting Help
Emotion Regulation[edit | edit source]
- Self-Regulation in Infants and Toddlers
- Emotional Regulation in Children
- What is Emotion Regulation?
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder[edit | edit source]
Oppositional Defiant Disorder and Conduct Disorder[edit | edit source]
- Conduct Disorder Overview
- Callous and Unemotional Traits in Children
- What is Oppositional Defiant Disorder in Children/Adolescents?
- Conduct Disorders: Resource Center
- Information on Prosocial Behavior
- Antisocial Personality Disorder (Adults)
- Conduct Disorder in Teens
- Rule Breaking, Defiance, & Acting Out
- Oppositional-Defiant Disorder: Resource Center
Overall Impairment[edit | edit source]
Parenting[edit | edit source]
PTSD and Trauma[edit | edit source]
- PTSD and Trauma Resources
- PTSD in Children
- What is Child Trauma?
- Understanding Childhood Trauma
- Guide for Parents
- NAMI Fact Sheet: PTSD
- NIMH: What is PTSD?
- PTSD Alliance
- PTSD Hotline: 1-800-273-8255 (Press “1” if you are a veteran)
- Childhood Trauma Statistics
- Crisis Hotlines
- Coping With Shooting
- Resources for Dealing with a School Shooting
- Psychological First Aid
- Hurricane and Flooding: Preparation and Coping
- Fire Emergencies: Preparation and Coping
Selective Mutism[edit | edit source]
Sleep and Sleep Disorders[edit | edit source]
- American Alliance for Healthy Sleep
- MedlinePlus: Sleep Disorders
- NAMI: Sleep disorders
- Mental Health America: Sleep
Substance Use Disorders[edit | edit source]
- Substance Use: What is It?
- Substance Abuse Basics
- What to Do If Your Teen or Young Adult Has a Problem with Drugs/Alcohol?
- Substance Use in Teens
- SAMHSA: Substance Use Resources
- Substance Abuse Treatment Information
- Substance Abuse Hotline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- SAMSHA’s National Helpline : 1-800-662-HELP
- Resources for Adolescents and Young Adults
- Substance Use: Resource Center
Suicide and Non-Suicidal Self-Injury (NSSI)[edit | edit source]
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 (Click link for resources)
- Risk of Suicide: Understanding Warning Signs
- Self-harm: What is it?