Enabling Greek Characters on Your Keyboard
- Open control panel from the start menu
- Open the file called "Region and Language"
- Click the "Keyboards and Languages" tab
- Click the "Change keyboards..." button
- Click the "Add" button to add a keyboard
- Find the division "Greek"
- After clicking "Greek" you will see a number of different keyboard layouts. Click the box named "Greek Polytonic"
- Click "OK"
- You're done, you now should be able to type Greek text. To change between your current language and Greek all you now need to do is hold left Shift + Alt to swap between languages.
A Greek character's key will generally be its English equivalent. If you wish just to place an accent mark, a breathing mark, etc. use the key combination (desired breathing mark, etc.)+period(.). To use the "·" punctuation mark use the key combination shift ]+ . ="·".
Note: depending on the operating system you are running you may not be able to enable Greek text via this method.