Electrical Machines II
Welcome to the Home page for Electrical Machines II
In this course we will discuss 3Ø Electrical Machines ( i.e 3Ø Transformers and 3Ø Induction Motors ). At the end of this course the student is expected to be familiar with the Principles of 3Ø Electrical Machines and their application in real life.
You are advised to read carefully through given material and attempt all quiz/questionnaires in this course and don't forget to follow necessary safety code that will be outlined in this course. We hope you will enjoy this major course in Electrical Engineering.
At the end of this course the student is expected to be comfortable with the following:
- Basic Principles of Insulators
- First Principles of 3Ø Transformers
- Temperature Rise in 3Ø Transformers
- First Principles of 3Ø Induction Motors
- Special Machines/Motors
- Common Machines Faults & Failures
The following courses are considered important for the student to be at ease with material that will be covered in this course:
Wikiversity has a respectable body of content related to this course, you are advised to use the resources wisely to achieve your success. This course includes a formula sheet that can help you remember important Formulae and principles. Do not rely on the formula sheet entirely without understanding course material.
This course consists of:
- 10 Lessons → [ 10 weeks ]
- 1 Quiz Test → [ 1 Day ]
- 1 Laboratory Assignment → [ 1 week ]
All the above Span about 11 weeks. Plan your time wisely, by starting a journal and track your progress. If you work consistently and keep to your planned Study Time, you will Do Very well in this course.
Here are some of the resources available to Help you understand and make better used of this personal Learning Experience:
- Review of 1ɸ Electrical Machines
- 3Ø Transformer: Construction & Tests
- 3Ø Transformer: Tap Changing; Connection & Efficiency
- 3Ø Transformer: Temperature Rise
- Electrical Insulators
- 1Ø Induction Motor (Review)
- 3Ø Induction Motor: Equivalent Circuits & Motor types
- 3Ø Induction Motor: Circle Diagrams; Bracking & Speed Control
- Special Machines
- Electrical Machines: Faults & Failures
- Electrical Machines II - Lab1