Dyed rice activity
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Create dyed rice for use in activities. For this activity you can use normal craft paint (called tempura paint or poster paint) to colour the rice.
- Add approximately 1 cup of rice to the bag
- Squirt paint onto the rice. Approximately 1 tablespoon per cup of rice works best.
- Shake the bag to evenly distribute the paint
- Leave for 2-3 hours to dry
A number of activities can be done with the dyed rice.
- Sensory play: Make multiple colors of rice, and have fun filling a bin or play try and mixing the colors together. Combine play with toys.
- Art activities: Put glue on paper, and add rice to make artwork.