Draw Parallel Lines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
To draw parallel lines, follow these steps.
- Draw a line, use a ruler, name it line L
- Draw a point, not on line L, name it point A
- Draw a line through point A, that crosses line L, name it line M
- Name the point, where the two lines cross, point B
- Draw an arc from point B, that crosses both lines
- Name the point, where the arc crosses line M, point C
- Name the point, where the arc crosses line L, point D
- Draw the same arc from point A, that is the alternate interior angle, of the arc you drew from point B
- Name the point, where the arc crosses line M, point E
- Draw an arc, from point C that crosses point D
- Draw the same arc from point E that crosses the arc from point A, name the point where the two arcs cross, point F
- Draw a line from point F to point A
- Good Job! You drew parallel lines.
Tools needed Paper, Pencil, ruler, compass
Tips and Tricks Open the image in a new window. Click on the image. Resize both windows so that you can see both the instructions and the image.