Digital Media Concepts/DJI Mavic 2 Pro
DJI Mavic 2 Pro[edit | edit source]
DJI Mavic 2 Pro is an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) and one of Mavic series. It is a very intelligent drone and very useful for who collecting data and tracking systems for their business or study like framer or scientists. Here is the one example, Weisberger described how useful drone camera flight over the sea-ice field when one of the scientists studying and monitoring about ice loss and high level of the sea in the Antarctic. However, there is some restriction area, drone camera cannot fly such as military, industrial and personal purposes. DJI Mavic 2 Pro is a portable drone with a camera which is a small, foldable and a full of sensors. It was revealed and launched on Aug 23, 2018, by DJI.
Features[edit | edit source]
Camera:[edit | edit source]
DJI Mavic 2 Pro camera is just like a professional camera. The camera is a 20-megapixel camera and the 1" CMOS senor. It can able to watch 4K 10-bit HDR video. It has a great intelligent features with hyperlapse a new quick shot called dolly zoom. An active track feature that really Maps the environment in 3D and help that drone stay locked on the subject even it goes if it goes behind an obstacle. It also features the ability to get photos and videos directly on to mobile device in 1080p resolution if you want to share something immediately.
Flight time:[edit | edit source]
DJI Mavic 2 pro can flight approximately 31 minutes with no wind condition.
Speed/Distance:[edit | edit source]
Dimensions:[edit | edit source]
Folded: 8.4 x 3.5 x 3.3 in (lengthxwidthxhight)
Unfolded: 12.7 x 9.5 x 3.3 in (lengthxwidthxhight)
Controller:[edit | edit source]
The standard remote controller offers up to 135 minutes of battery life on a full charge. It features an ergonomic and foldable design with detachable sticks, making it convenient to carry and store. The new design works better with mainstream smartphones, which gives you a better operational experience.
Sensing system:[edit | edit source]
DJI Mavic 2 Pro has full of sensors because of Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing system.
- Forward: The dual vision sensors allow for a precision measurement range of up to 20 meters. The detectable range is 20-40 meters (33% wider than that of the Mavic Pro). The dual vision sensors are also capable of detecting obstacles and timely stops when flying at speeds of up to 31.2 mph (40% more efficient than the Mavic Pro).
- Downward: The dual vision system allows for a precision measurement range of up to 11 meters. The detectable range is 11-22 meters. The infrared sensing system allows for a precision measurement range of up to 8 meters. The aircraft hovers accurately at 50 meters and lands safely by detecting land. The addition of the Bottom Auxiliary Light assists the downward sensors in low-light conditions.
- Left and Right: The single vision system is capable of detecting obstacles at speeds of up to 17.9 mph, improving flight safety in both ActiveTrack and Tripod modes.
- Backward: The dual vision system has a precision measurement range of up to 16 meters and is capable of detecting obstacles and timely stops when flying at speeds of up to 26.8 mph. The detectable range is 16-32 meters.
- Upward: Infrared sensing system. Precision measurement range of up to 8 meters.
See Also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Mavic (UAV)". Wikipedia. 2018-09-14. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mavic_(UAV)&oldid=859461415.
- "Drone Maker D.J.I. May Be Sending Data to China, U.S. Officials Say". Retrieved 2018-09-24.
- "New Drones Exhibit Has It All: Cool Tech, Games and Science". Live Science. Retrieved 2018-09-24.
- "Drone's-Eye View: Flying Vehicles Could Monitor Ice in Remote Regions". Live Science. Retrieved 2018-09-24.
- "The DJI Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom drones are covered in sensors and filled with AI to prevent crashes". Popular Science. Retrieved 2018-09-24.
- "What's better than a new DJI Mavic drone? Two of them, of course". CNET. 2018-08-23. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
- "Mavic Pro 2 [Oct. 2018] Price, Details, Specs, Everything Mavic 2 !". www.dronethusiast.com. Retrieved 2018-09-24.
- Adorama (2018-08-23), DJI Mavic 2 Pro & Mavic 2 Zoom REVEALED!, retrieved 2018-09-27
- "Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI". DJI Official. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
- "Mavic 2 - See the Bigger Picture – DJI". DJI Official. Retrieved 2018-09-25.