Department of Occupational and Environmental Health Sciences, University of Panamá
Jump to navigation Jump to search
DEPARTAMENTO DE LAS CIENCIAS DE LA SALUD OCUPACIONAL Y AMBIENTAL, UNIVERSIDAD DE PANAMÁ
- 1 Mission
- 2 Vision
- 3 Objectives
- 4 Specific objectives
- 5 Aims in research and teaching
- 6 Programa para la formación de homologación 18 meses
- 7 Programa para la Residencia en Medicina del Trabajo y Ambiental 36 meses
- 8 Pre- and Postgrade Occupational Medicine Education
- 9 Research training modules
- 10 Research team
- 11 Ongoing projects
- 12 Project meetings
- 13 Ongoing research training
- 14 Maritime Clinical Colloquial Networkopen here
- 15 Preventive Health Science Journal open here
- The mission is to contribute to a healthy and safe working and living environment in Panamá by teaching, training, research and dissemination of research
- The vision is to produce and disseminate knowledge to be used for risk prevention in workplaces, authorities, medical clinics, hospitals and others for a healthy environment.
- The “environment” includes workplace, air, water, soil, social and cultural, economic, environment, and environmental stress.
- Through our research and by supplying new knowledge from outside we improve understanding of how the environment can affect health and to change the hazardous environments.
- Through our teaching we educate specialists in occupational and environmental medicine, scientists and policy makers.
- Homologation of the CSS occupational medical specialists
- The residency program for the occupational medical specialty
- Continuing education in occupational medicine
- Pre- and postgraduate training in research
- Research in occupational- and environmental health
- To attract and educate researchers and specialists
- To do research and to disseminate research on the highest international scientific standard
- Implementation of evidence based medicine in patient care, teaching,research, information and dissemination of health prevention
- To release "Preventive Health Science" journal, regularly
- Collaboration with other medical specialties i.e. pediatrics on congenital malformations and pesticide exposure
Aims in research and teaching
- To use evidence-based approach in the clinical, teaching and research activities.
- To include the WHO definitions and guidelines for primary, secondary and tertiary prevention.
- To inspire and help students and health professionals to start their own research project and Thesis.
- To do occupational epidemiological surveillance