Jump to navigation Jump to search
This lesson introduces views.
Objectives and Skills[edit | edit source]
Objectives and skills for the views portion of Microsoft Exam 98-364 Database Fundamentals include:
- Create database objects
- Create views
- Understand when to use views and how to create a view by using T-SQL or a graphical designer
- Create views
Readings[edit | edit source]
Multimedia[edit | edit source]
Activities[edit | edit source]
- Use SQL Server to create views from the Student and Course tables in your College database.
- Create the following views:
- Watch YouTube: How to create a view using Microsoft SQL Server Studio Management.
- Watch YouTube: SQL Views.
- Read Microsoft: Create Views.
- Read W3Schools.com: SQL Views.
- Create a view that displays all of the columns and all of the rows from the Course table to display the CourseID, Description, CreditHours fields.
- Create a view that will display the name of all students from the Student table.
- Modify the previous view to display only students with your last name.
- Create a view that will return one column name CourseID, Description and contains the last name of the instructor.
- Practice creating simple views using the College database you created.
Lesson Summary[edit | edit source]
- A view is the result set of a stored query on the data, which the database users can query just as they would in a persistent database collection object.
Key Terms[edit | edit source]