Create Icons for Learning Resources
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This learning resource supports you in creating icons for Wikiversity articles. Icons can be used indicate
- learning tasks,
- interactive visualisation,
- application of specific software in the learning task (Geogebra constructions, spreadshet documents with sample data, ....) or
- the theoretical background for the learning resource (e.g. the underlying concepts of Linear Regression, that learners are exposed to in the learning task with sample data)
Learning Tasks[edit | edit source]
- use existing icons in WikiCommons first in the sandbox and try a arrange a standard page for your type of learning resources you want to create for a specific topic,
- Create an Icon in LibreOffice or InkScape and export the icon in SVG,
- Explain, why it is an advantage to export icons in Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format in comparison to a raster format (e.g. click on the images on the right and scale them). Search a raster image (e.g. PNG format) and scale the image in same way.
- use icons in MediaWiki templates to create a standard structure of visualisations,
- Identify use-cases for icons and describe who they could help learners to find there way through the learning resource.
- See also Inline Icons for Wikiversity Learning Resources and identify how you can use those icons in learning resource you contribute author.