Jump to navigation Jump to search
"diff between Linux kernel 4.4 and 4.5". 2016-03-14.
Linux Container virtualization is an os-level virtualization technology based in Linux kernel cgroups and namespaces features. Docker containers are available since 2013 and runC was first released in July 2015 as version 0.0.1.
Containers Technology Timeline
- 2007 Cgroups was added into the Linux kernel (cgroups version 1).
- 2012 OpenShift Origin the open source codebase used in the OpenShift PaaS released
- 2011 Openshift platform is launched based on Linux containers
- 2013 Docker launched
- 06/2014 Kubernetes launched
- 05/2019 Red Hat remove docker from RHEL 8
- Understand the differences between
- Docker, containerd, Podman, buildah, skopeo
- Container Registry, software that enables container image storage and management
- DevOps/Container-Orchestration: AWS ECS, AWS Fargate, Kubernetes (Certified Kubernetes Administrator), Openshift, Nomad and EKS
- KVM, Vagrant