Welcome to the Angelology resource.
Angelology is the study of Angels it comes from Old English enġel, influenced in Middle English by Old French angele, both from Late Latin angelus, from Ancient Greek ἄγγελος (angelos), “‘messenger’”)
In this section I will try to present (remember) information concerning those Beings of Light known to us as Angels. You will find information that I have found and gathered together on various topics listed on the right and much more inside those pages. The portrayal of the synthesis for the sections: The Angelic Orders - The 7 Heavens, and The Archangels & Angels; was made by me using as much as possible the information in hand.
I came to believe that assisting others, brings joy to life, so I plan to share this information with everyone because... "freely you received... freely you shall give".
"We are, each of us angels with only one wing; and we can only fly by embracing one another".
- Emil Páleš, SEVEN ARCHANGELS: RHYTHMS OF INSPIRATION IN THE HISTORY OF CULTURE AND NATURE, www.sophia.sk
- Sergius Bulgakov (author), Thomas Allan Smith (translator), Jacob’s Ladder: On Angels, Eerdmans (2010)
- Dionysius the Areopagite, The Celestial Hierarchy
- David Keck, Angels and Angelology in the Middle Ages, Oxford (1998)
- Howard P. Kainz, “Active and Passive Potencies” in Thomistic Angelology, Martinus Nijhoff (1972)