Cognitive Psychology is a branch of psychology. Cognitive Psychology is the scientific study of the mind, specifically what the mind is and how it works. 
Cognitive Psychology involves the study of the way the mind becomes aware of something, by learning, remembering or thinking about certain information. 
What is cognitive psychology?[edit | edit source]
Cognitive psychology focuses on study of higher mental functions with particular emphasis on the ways in which people acquire knowledge and use it to shape and understand their experience in the world. This figures indicates key foci of cognitive psychology: 
Organization[edit | edit source]
- Information-Processing Stages
- Representation and Organization of Knowledge
- Complex Cognitive Skills
Lessons[edit | edit source]
Experimental section that is largely subject to change in the future.
This page is to be maintained by at least one person. Its purpose is to provide the student, professor, or class with access to important, past, and recent news related to cognitive psychology.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Electronic resources[edit | edit source]
Textbooks[edit | edit source]
Cognitive Psychology, Sixth Edition By Robert J. Sternberg and Karin Sternberg 643 pg.
Foundations of Cognitive Psychology, Core Readings by Daniel J. Levitin 813 pg.
Cognitive science: an introduction to the study of mind by Jay Friedenberg, Gordon Silverman 561 pg.
Cognitive Psychology, Third Edition by E. Bruce Goldstein
Cognitive Psychology: A Student's Handbook by Michael W. Eysenck, and Mark T. Keane
References[edit | edit source]
- Goldstein, E. Bruce (2011). Cognitive psychology : connecting mind, research, and everyday experience (3rd ed.). Australia: Wadsworth Cengage Learning. ISBN 9780840033550. OCLC 658234658.
- Sternberg, Robert J. (2012). Cognitive psychology. Sternberg, Karin, Mio, Jeffery Scott (6th ed.). Australia: Wadsworth/Cengage Learning. ISBN 9781111344764. OCLC 654314386.
- Solso, R. L. (1991). Cognitive psychology (3rd ed.), pp. 7, 289, 290. Boston, MA: Allyn & Bacon