Category talk:Learning activities
Why is this category needed?[edit source]
This category is mainly concerned with the development of learning materials at Wikiversity. Learning activities are an important part of these materials. It would be useful to know where these learning activities are, if they have been completed and how popular they are. This information can then be used to develop any uncompleted learning activities, improve or promote the unpopular activities and encourage all learning materials to adapt the best learning activities. This would help in drawing up lists of work that needs doing at Wikiversity and places where learners could participate in developing these materials.
How can these goals be achived?[edit source]
- By categorising all pages with learning activities on them.
- By creating a subcategory for Completed learning activities.
- By creating another subcategory for the Popular learning activities.
This will give four groups:
- Completed and Popular (In both categories)
- Completed and unpopular (only in Completed category)
- incomplete and Popular (only in Popular category)
- unpopular and incomplete (in neither category).
The complete and popular pages will look after themselves, Completed and unpopular pages will need improvements or publicising, the incomplete and popular pages should look after themselves as they are being developed, the final group of unpopular and incomplete learning activities will need individual attention. As the list of Learning activities is quite short it will be easy to add these subcategories to the appropriate pages. Mystictim 19:32, 26 January 2007 (UTC)
Types of learning activities[edit source]
I assume this means an activity other than just reading.
- Some Wikiversity learning projects call upon participants to read something and then edit one or more Wikiversity webpages. Example: Darwinism as religion.
- Some learning projects ask participants to do an activity outside of Wikiversity and then describe it on a Wikiversity page. Example: Introduction to GarageBand.
- I've now scanned all the pages A-H Mystictim 00:29, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
- User:Mystictim, I'm still not sure what you think is an "activity" since your selection process seems to reject things that I think are learning activities. What do you think of this: A Hands-On Introduction to Game Design and Production Processes? --JWSchmidt 20:38, 10 January 2007 (UTC)
- If it has specific activities for people to do then I'd tag it. On a quick scan I can't see any specific learning activities. However if you think it's worth tagging go ahead. Mystictim 19:32, 11 January 2007 (UTC)
We should make sure that all of these pages have links to them from Wikipedia. w:Template:Wikiversity can often be added to the "see also" section of Wikipedia articles. --JWSchmidt 23:41, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
Why is there no chemistry?![edit source]
If any subject would benefit from this resource, it's chemistry! Especially organic chemistry would helpful here.