Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to the Category Theory International Project !
- "In mathematics, category theory deals in an abstract way with mathematical structures and relationships between them. Categories now appear in most branches of mathematics and in some areas of theoretical computer science and mathematical physics, and have been a unifying notion. Categories were first introduced by Samuel Eilenberg and Saunders Mac Lane in 1942-1945, in connection with algebraic topology."
- This is an International Project on Category Theory, Higher Dimensional Algebra and their Novel Applications, such as:
- Nonabelian Algebraic Topology,
Applications and Applied Mathematics
- Categorical Dynamics,
- Computational Theory and Logic,
- Quantum Physics and Quantum Algebraic Topology,
- Complex Systems and Relational Biology,
- Mathematical Medicine
- Categorical Ontology
- Philosophy of Science
- (Specify your own novel application field, such as Anabelian Geometry, Noncommutative Geometry, Nondistributive Logics, Monassociative Mathematics, NonNewtonian analysis, etc)
- The n-Category Café
Things to do
List of Participants
- 2 User:Bci21
. . .
- "Abelian Categories" (fr) by Pierre Gabriel
- Grothendieck, Alexander. Éléments de géométrie algébrique (rédigés avec la collaboration de Jean Dieudonné) : I. Le langage des schémas. Publications Mathématiques de l'IHÉS, 4 (1960), p. 5-228
- Des Catégories Abéliennes-Bulletin de la Société Mathématique de France, 90 (1962), p. 323-448