To take this test, click here to put the test on your userpage. Click the link and save. Now you have your test, take it!
General Questions[edit | edit source]
What are you looking to get out of this course?
What would you say is your general knowledge of math?
Would you like a formal treatment of Calculus (very heavy, requires set theory), or an intuitive treatment of Calculus?
What times do you have available/would prefer for lectures?
Any other comments?
Pre-Calculus[edit | edit source]
- What is a function?
- What is an inverse function?
- What is a logarithm?
- What is a radian?
- What is a trigonometric function?
- Name a trigonometric identity.
- What is a parametric equation?
- What is a slope-intercept equation?
- What does it mean for something to be proportional?
- What does injective, surjective, and bijective mean?
- What is logmarithmic equations?
Calculus I[edit | edit source]
- I will accept an intuitive or formal answer for this, although a formal answer is obviously preferred: what is a limit?
- What is a one-sided limit?
- What does it mean for a function to be continuous? Is it possible for a function to be discontinuous everywhere?
- What is a derivative?
- What is the product rule?
- What is the relation between differentiability and continuity?
- What is the chain rule?
- What is the relation between a local extrema and a derivative of a function?
- What is the mean value theorem?
- What is L'Hôpital's rule?
Calculus II[edit | edit source]
- What is an integral?
- What is a Riemann Sum?
- What is the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus?
- What is the substitution method?
- What is the difference between a definite and indefinite integral?