Blogging/Starting a blog
How to start a blog[edit | edit source]
Become one with the Internet[edit | edit source]
1. What are you interested in? In order to begin blogging, you must identify what it is exactly you want to write about. Do you want your blog to be personal or a textbook of information? Do you like cooking or understanding and helping others understand mathematical algorithms? What kind of blog do you want to have: travel? lifestyle? fashion? photography? Choose to write about something that interests you. It doesn't have to be of something you're confident about. The confidence comes with practice.
2. What blog platform do you want to use? There are several kinds of blog platforms: Blogger, WordPress, Tumblr, Google+ and others. Look at different blogs that use each platform. Then, set up a test blog on the ones you're most interested in to get a better feel of what it would be like to run a blog on that platform. From there, choose which one you like best and develop your blog.
3. What kind of feel do you want it to have? Personal? Informative? Identifying this will help you develop your writing style. This will also help you write more freely.
4. What do you want your blog to look like? Like in step 2, check out some blogs. Jot down things you like about them, like black background, big pictures, anything at all. Then, again, highlight the ones you like best and apply them to your blog. If you don't know how to do it (like installing endless scrolling), Google it.
5. Start writing! This can be the hardest, most enjoyable, most rewarding part of the whole process. Writing and expression yourself and your ideas is an invigorating thing. Try not to over-think what you're writing in the first draft. Just let your thoughts spill out onto the virtual paper. From there, you can develop/delete ideas and add new ones on.